Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food Review
Being a lifelong dog owner, evaluating dry dog food and the effects on my dogs’ health has been a labor of love. Certain brands stand out above all others, based on the quality of their ingredients. I prefer multiple protein content when feeding my active dogs, but not just any protein – and the All Life Stages Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Fish formula is the perfect blend. High-quality protein, no animal by-products, and all-natural and holistic, this blend is perfect for dogs of every stage of their life!
No grains or fillers in this food, means nutritionally dense meals for your pet and healthy skin and coat. The protein content of 24% is neither too high nor too low and the 14.5% fat content provides just enough fat.
- Crude protein (min.) – 24.00%
- Crude fat (min.) – 14.50%
- Crude fiber (max.) – 4.00%
- Moisture (max.) – 10.00%
- Linoleic acid (omega 6) (min.) – 3.70%
- Vitamin E (min.) – 200.00 IU/kg
- Alpha linolenic acid (omega 3)** (min.) – 0.50%
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)** (min.) – 50.00 mg/kg
- Lactobacillus acidophilus** (min.) – 100 million CFU/lb
- Cellulase** (a) (min.) – 100 CMCU/kg
All of this means nothing however, if Fido is not enjoying the taste of the food! Palatability and digestibility are so important to your pooch. Tempting as it is to purchase expensive brands with pretty packaging, it comes down to reading the label to be sure of what you are paying for, and whether it agrees with your dog. Our dogs adore this food and look forward to mealtime.
When in doubt, reading ratings helps in the decision-making process when researching dog food.
Consumer affairs have rated Canidae dry dog food 5-stars after hundreds of reviewers rated it. Although I do read reviews, I also like to do independent research consisting of speaking with other dog owners and with staff at my local pet food store. It was actually while in my local pet food store when I first found out about Canidae. “Great value, great ingredients” they told me. I bought a small bag to try and I was back in a few days to purchase the 44-lb bag. My dogs clearly preferred this food to their former brand, which was more expensive as well.
The probiotics, Omega 3 and Omega 6, and other anti-oxidant ingredients that this All Life Stages food uses ensure optimum health for your pet. For dogs suffering from digestive issues, this food has the necessary ingredients to ensure good digestion. Skin and coat issues clear up quickly too, thanks to the fatty acids and Vitamin E in every batch. One of our older dogs, a malamute with a heavy coat, often suffered irritating skin issues. He would scratch, paw and bite his skin and we tried everything from topical creams to wet tea bags, and medicine from the vet. Once we discovered Canidae All Life Stages, it was clear that his former dry food was lacking somewhat because his condition healed so quickly. His irritated skin became healthy and his fur grew back. His increased energy and bright, clear eyes told us we were definitely on to a good thing.
To recap the reasons why we prefer this food over others:
- No wheat, corn, soy, fillers, antibiotics, flavors or preservatives
- Made in the USA
- Four high quality protein-dense meat meals: chicken, turkey, lamb & fish
- Includes a variety of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and herbs
- All Life Stages dry dog food is ideal for dogs of all sizes and ages – great for multi-dog families
- Canidae dry dog food contains HealthPLUS Solutions for recommended levels of probiotics, antioxidants and omega 3 & 6 fatty acids
Overall, Canidae All Life Stages dry dog food is a very satisfactory product that we plan to keep using for the best health of our dogs. It also represents excellent value when comparing prices and ingredients with other high end dog foods. We feel that offering a food with multiple-protein content as well as balanced carbohydrates and fats is the right solution for our dogs.